Saturday, June 28, 2008

New Shoes!

Last week Jasper and I went shopping for new shoes for him. Drew and I have determined that he's grown out of his size 6 shoes and must be in size 7's. We needed shoes for all purposes ... playing at the park, being in water, running around in the front yard and looking good to go out for church or Bible study.

I was on a mission to find him new sandals, but each pair I put on his feet he immediately wanted off. He grabbed for the velcro strap and pulled it apart and then said "off!"

Feeling slightly defeated, I stumbled upon new (over-priced) Sketchers which are a cross between crocs and sandals. I hesitated to try them just because I thought, "oh goodness, this regular price is crazy. He's just 1! Can I justify this? ... I mean, this is molded plastic! Am I going to fall into the trap of buying something just because it's hip?" However, I was bordering on desperate, and they were on sale (so they weren't really out of our price range).

The minute I put them on, Jasper was fascinated by them. He did not pulled to take them off or ask to have them taken off. I considered this to be a clear sign that he liked them. In fact, I'm pretty sure he would have kept them on the rest of the time we were in the store.

Here he's showing off his new shoes that he helped pick out. You can also see some of his favorite trucks, too. He didn't want to put the trucks down to point to his shoes. :)

No comments: