Sunday, June 01, 2008

Bring on the Utensils!

While grandma Jasper was here in early May she suggested we have Jasper try using utensils. (I swear it's a good thing I'm not doing this motherhood thing in a vacuum because I just don't think of trying new things on my own!) She started him using his spoon to load up peas with his digger (spoon) and pusher (finger) ... using truck illusions was her attempt at getting him to "dig" it. He understood what she wanted him to do but had some trouble in the execution department. He had a hard time loading up the spoon, but once it was loaded he could generally get it to his mouth pretty well. He has to keep working on his alignment, but he's getting better every day.



So we decided to show off a little for grandma and grandpa Gant when they were here over Memorial day. In addition, I decided to add the fork to our repertoire. He does quite well with foods that are easy to stab with the fork, but on some harder ones he loses interest kinda quickly. check it out ...




I heard that Jasper's friend Azalea was eating Cheerios with milk, and for the life of me (again) I can't figure out why I didn't try it earlier. Jasper loves it! (He's just like his grandma Jasper.) His breakfast now starts out with a bowl of Cheerios. He even drinks the milk when he's done. We have to help him with the bowl, but he's learning to drink out of cups better all the time. He's just gotta get that whole portion control thing down. check out our morning fun ...


No comments: