Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Look what Jasper has to tell you...

He is going to be a big brother!


I'm currently 22 weeks pregnant, going on 23. Our next little boy is due October 6th. If you'd like, you can watch the ultrasound video (below) to see him moving about. We decided not to post any specific images where they point to his boy parts and type "BOY" with an arrow, but you'll see them if you watch the video.

So far so good with this pregnancy. I didn't start showing as soon as with Jasper, so my maternity wardrobe has to be altered despite being pregnant again close to the same time of year as with Jasper. Oh, another thing is that I'm still on leave of absence from IBM. (Go Big Blue!) It's an amazing opportunity for me to be home with Jasper during these years. Being on LOA also means that the one pair of maternity shorts I had from before (only worn on the weekends) is not going to make it now ... considering I wear shorts and a tank top every day. No lie. We come home from church, and I change (or I nap). It's only June 6th, but we've had record heat in Texas since mid May - every day has been over 90 degrees ... and we've had three days at or over 100degs. ... In MAY & early JUNE! ... This is working up to be a long, hot summer. You'll find me near water, most days in our own front yard, all summer long. We'll escape to northern Minnesota and our family's cabin on Lake Pokegama for a week in early July. I'll be praying for cool nights at least.

We've started telling Jasper that there is a baby in mommy's belly, and I've started mentioned that his brother is not going to be happy with him as he crawls all over me. But other than that I don't know how much he gets. He's still not talking yet. He has animal sounds he makes, uses sign language to communicate major needs and says other random things like "hop" and "off." But none of these will allow him to let me know if he understands his life is going to change. We'll see. He clearly picks up almost everything he sees and hears, so I'm sure it will start to sink in.

We're quite happy and nervous about this little guy coming into our lives. I'm nervous because I know what to expect. With Jasper I just was so thrilled to have a baby coming and so ignorant of the work and sacrifice involved that I approached it with glee. I don't have the same glee feeling these days. I'm such a realist that I unfortunately spend a little too much time looking past the miracle and glorious blessing of another child to think, "how will I DO it?!!!" Thankfully Drew has 100% confidence in me and reassures me all the time. But it is still daunting and awe-inspiring. For some reason, God has chosen to bless us with another child, and on days when I don't think I have what it takes to even raise the one we have walking around with us, I trust that He will give me the strength and insight to raise two together. Jasper is a great kid. We've been blessed so much already.


Here is the video of the ultrasound. (there is no audio)

6 comments:

gwyneth said...

Congrats! does this mean the blog name becomes "fun with baby gant part 2"?

Lindsay said...

Yeah! :) Cute shirt Jasper. You're going to be a great big brother. We love you! Auntie Linds and Uncle Chris

Rocky and Sunee said...

congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm "green with envy" as they say, but excited for your family to grow!

Colleen said...

Congratulations!!!!

Colleen said...

Congratulations!!!