Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Don't Ask me How

... but Jasper climbed out of his crib this morning!

I SO wish I knew how he did this, but unfortunately neither of us actually witnessed what happened. When Drew gets up in the morning, he closes Jasper's bedroom door so that the noise from Drew showering, eating breakfast, us talking, etc. does not wake Jasper up. Drew left for work at 6:45am, and at 7am I was in the bathroom with the baby monitor to hear when Jasper woke up. I heard him wake up and start moving around. Soon I heard the springs of the crib mattress squeak from him walking. Then I heard a loud noise, like the crib was shaken forcefully, and Jasper cried hard. I said, "It sounds like Jasper fell in his crib." So I opened the door to his room ... to find him standing there. He did not have any apparent injuries, so we just went about our day.

Tonight, Drew lowered the mattress to Jasper's crib further, and as he was doing that ... just to add to the "firsts" of the day ... Jasper pee'd on the bathroom floor while we were filling his bathtub. What fun!

No comments: