Thursday, December 13, 2007

The day after Jasper's 1st birthday we went shopping for a Christmas tree. We've had some crazy balmy weather in Texas, and that day started us off on a week of mid-70's. We were all in summer clothes for this expedition, and Drew especially thought that was great. This picture of the two of us at the nursery really strikes me. Jasper looks so old. Granted, he's 1 year old now - but he looks even older than that. His countenance is so much more of a toddler than a baby. It's crazy how time flies. Just earlier on this morning, I sat in church and listened to a song about Mary going through a labor of love to carry, deliver and raise Jesus Christ and it brought a flood of emotions to me as I contemplated how just one year prior I was in labor with Jasper. God is so good and so faithful to us. It's been a great year!

Jasper wanted to help me decorate the tree, so I let him play with the lights a little.


At his 1-year appointment, Jasper's pediatrician said he should be strictly on big people food, no more baby food. She wants him exposed to a variety of textures to make sure he doesn't have a texture aversion. That thought never dawned on me before. I mean, he is totally a texture eater. He takes everything new and squashes it in his fingers first. (Sarah Prather, I think of you every time does that!) However, I never imagined an aversion could spring up. So, out went all the pureed stuff (except pears - the boy needs help staying regular) and in came, among other things, pasta. He makes a MESS of himself when he eats this or macaroni and cheese. It's straight to bath after this type of dinner.

Just for the record, we think it's adorable how Jasper sleeps. He's almost always on his tummy, on his knees with his butt in the air. During naps when he has a blanket in the crib with him, it's generally under him. Sometimes he gets it wrapped around his neck like a boxer and we have to pull it away to make ourselves comfortable that he's still breathing (he always is).

No comments: