Monday, November 02, 2009

Sharing a Room, details

Since the boys share a room, there are elements of their day that just do not work together.  Sleeping is the major one.  Funny, huh? 

Benjamin wakes up earlier than we’d like, and as much as we believe we can let him cry it out to learn that 5:30am is not an appropriate wake-up time, when he cries and wakes up his brother in the same room (who never goes back to sleep in the morning) – everyone is unhappy.  Thankfully Jasper sleeps through middle of the night outbursts from Benjamin, even if we can’t. 

Naptime is another point of contention. Oddly, Jasper goes to bed and stays in bed for naptime like a champ (polar opposite from bedtime), but I do not dare ask them to share a room for naps.  I want naptime for myself … I need it for myself (and for them).  So, Jasper sleeps in our bed and Benjamin gets his crib.  We haul two armloads of Jasper’s comfort items into our room for Jasper to feel cozy and line each side of our bed with pillows to act as bumpers.  I have gotten them on the same afternoon nap schedule, so after lunch we read books on our bed, I put Benjamin down and then return to sing and pray with Jasper.  So far, so good!DSC_4253

No comments: