Thursday, May 14, 2009

Potty Success!

I struggle with the appropriateness of this post, being that this is a public blog. But this certainly is a milestone to celebrate.

Last night and this morning we had pee in the potty!

We've had a potty chair in the bathroom for a while, a couple months. Jasper has shown waxing and waning interest over this time, but recently he's shown more interest in the actual action of peeing - peeing on the floor of the bathroom and on his bedroom floor after his baths. This week after his baths he's said "I have to pee." So we've gone into the bathroom and let him sit on the potty chair. He wants us to come with him, and he says "watch me pee." I can't quite convey his excitement, but there is almost always excitement to be sitting on the potty.

Last night there was success! It was pretty cool. Jasper thought it was awesome.

This morning when I was changing his diaper, Jasper again said "I have to pee." So we went to the bathroom. To my surprise and delight, again we had success. Jasper got to dump the pee into the toilet and flush, and we then got to call daddy and say "i pee'd in the potty!" Daddy was sooooo proud, too.

Have no fear, there will be no photos of pee or poo. Everyone knows what they look like.

No comments: