Wednesday, May 13, 2009

7 Months Old

Benjamin is now 7 months old. Don't ask me where the days, weeks and months have gone. Our baby is no longer looking like an infant, let alone acting like one. We don't have a "couch photo" so far, and I'm not sure if we will. We're fighting off pink-eye here, and I just couldn't bring myself to photograph him just sitting around (not doing anything to preserve) when he just looks so sad.

Eating solids has stepped up a notch from the beginning of last month (when he just turned 6 months). Benjamin loves cereal (rice and oatmeal). He opens WIDE to take in each spoonful. So far, sweet potatoes are ok but green beans & pears are summarily rejected. I don't remember how he feels about carrots, and I think he's warming to bananas. Yep, picky eater again. I guess it's payback to me.

He sits at the kitchen table in our hook-on chair. It works wonders! He's completely contained even without strapping him in. He'll sit there while I'm making dinner and just play with (and drop) toys or watch Jasper eating. It works way better than the Bumbo - because he was straining his way out of that pretty much the first time we put him in it on the table.





I had the boys in for a check-up this Monday, for Benjamin to get a weight check since he had dropped down as of the 6month visit. He's now up to 22lbs, and back at 95th percentile in weight. 22lbs is the limit of our infant car seat. Oh, that's going to be hard to let go.

Benjamin's first tooth broke through on April 22nd. He handled it quite well, requiring no painkillers. I knew it was coming and felt it before we could see it, and here you can just barely see it.

no image of the tooth, but check out that drool!

These photos were taken this weekend. Benjamin's toothy grin is adorable! You can just start to tell that Benjamin has pink eye. Poor kiddo!

tooth close-up


Benjamin is quite adept with his pacifier. If he can see it, he can pick it up and get it in his mouth. He's not addicted to it, but it is effective in getting him to calm down sometimes. He likes to just chew on the pacifier sometimes.



Benjamin is starting to push up and backwards in his attempts to crawl. He doesn't understand that he's learning to crawl, but each time he tries to reach for a toy he gets closer to figuring it out. I don't think he'll be a commando crawler like Jasper was. He's already figuring out how to get his big belly off the floor.


As an end comment, I think it should be noted that our outdoor loving boy also loves ... dirt. and grass. I put him on a blanket in the yard while I'm playing with Jasper, and in short order he's reaching so hard for the grass just beyond the edge of the blanket that he falls on his face. That doesn't deter him. He keeps reaching, and generally when we come inside his fingernails are full of dirt. I don't think he's tried eating any yet. He probably will, and once again Drew will have to remind me that ... we're raising a boy, two in fact!

No comments: