Thursday, February 05, 2009

Nana to the Rescue!

After spending two weeks caring for sick boys and dealing with cedar allergies myself, I was reaching the end of my rope. Benjamin was recovering, but Jasper had a returning cold which manifested itself with bad nasal congestion. Since Jasper LOVES his brother, he LOVES to give him kisses. Kisses are great, except when they involve germ transfer. I agonized that he was going to get Benjamin sick again, and I just couldn't deal with that. We escaped a trip to the ER while Benjamin was sick, but I was afraid a returning cold would be worse and might mean hospitalization. (yes, I worried. it's hereditary.)


Nana with her precious big and precious little boys. Jasper isn't excited to see her or anything.


So Nana came to our rescue. She was with us for about a week, and she was great! She did all my laundry for the entire week, helped with meals and generally provided the second set of hands that are so necessary when you're trying to care for two small boys that both need affection and attention but shouldn't really be too close to each other. She was able to spend time outside with Jasper to let him RUN every day ... something I couldn't do while cedar pollen was super high. She also gave Jasper another hair cut. He didn't protest at all. (Letting him watch Curious George and part of "Cars" helped.) Let's hope he can make it 'til her return visit before he needs another cut. We'll see!





Benjamin loved the extra attention from Nana. Plus, he got a new hat out of the bargain. Utah here I come! Bring on the snow!


We've been baking more and more with Jasper ... pancakes, muffins, and the latest: scones. He loves being part of the action and leaving his mark on the baked goods.




Jasper is a really active boy, and it seems each time we're outside he wants to be doing some type of work. He loves to sweep leaves. Good thing! we have oodles of them!!!
Playing with the Jeep is no end of fun, especially opening and shutting the door.



After a full day of playing with nana, Jasper is pooped!


and so are we!

1 comment:

Charis & Judah's Mom said...

Your mom came to my rescue, too, after I hurt my knee and got way behind on housework. She came and did some of my laundry and gave us a delicious lasagna meal. She's a great lady! I enjoyed her day here very much.