Thursday, February 12, 2009

4 months old

We took Benjamin's official 4-month couch photo last Saturday afternoon, and we had him in for his 4-month check-up today. He official tipped the scales at 18lbs 6oz. I won our bet ... our "over/under" bet. Drew was sure he was over 20lbs by now, but seeing as we've cut off the middle of the night feeding(s) as of last Monday, I thought he had probably not continued to put on the weight at such a breathtaking pace as before.

With Benjamin, we're skipping Ferber and pulling up our boot straps to handle letting him cry it out overnight. The first night was painful. The second night was painful. The third night was painful. Since then, I've learned that the baby monitor is really an amplifier and can be turned way down to nearly inaudible levels. I can handle just faintly hearing him cry from three rooms away when it's 3am and we all need to be sleeping.


I've gotta say, we have not had the one-week success with this Weissbluth method as I had hoped would be the case. We're definitely off schedule. Week 1 = sleeping through the night. Week 2 = figure out when he needs to nap. Week 3 = get him to sleep in the pack 'n play for said naps. We're still on week 1's objective even though we're nearly through week 2. I don't like falling behind. Aren't 2nd children supposed to be easier? Clearly, I could be to blame. As soon as I finish this post I'm going to return to Weissbluth and figure out what I'm doing wrong or why we are statistical outliers.

The following are not for the faint of stomach. (Lindsay, beware.)

I was trying to get him to smile during our photo op, and it really worked. And then he burped and ... well you can see why I do laundry every day!


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You warned me, but I kept reading (as I was eating no less). Only Benjamin could be that adorable as he is puking. :) My favorite picture is the first one with the side roll hanging out. Benjamin you are just the cutest baby!! We LOVE you (and your big brother) so much!!