Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Techie



Like father like son, Jasper is adept at most technological things with which he comes in contact. He cannot be left alone with a cell phone anymore, because he can redial the last call in a heartbeat. He commands use of Drew's blackberry like all crackberry addicts - two handed, manipulating buttons with his thumbs. And he can open the DVD player, remove CDs, insert new CDs (the right orientation) and almost get the new CD to play. I don't know if he has succeeded on that front yet. I generally catch him in the act of swapping out the CDs, so we haven't figured out just how far he can take this. It's kind of ridiculous!


Oh, and have I mentioned the issue of entitlement with this boy? Yep, he thinks all things are his, and therefore he does not like it when we stop his techie exploits. I don't know how many times I've gone over the fact that the DVD player is not his toy and had him in term point out to me where his toys are (on the other side of the room).


Knowing and Believing are apparently two very different things for him.

No comments: