Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gecko


Two Saturdays ago, after extensive time playing outside - from which we were all hot, sweaty and dirty, I discovered a small gecko in the bathtub when it was time to give Jasper a bath. Oh how I didn't want to deal with this! Drew was out for the evening with friends, and I - being nearly 38 weeks pregnant - just was worn out. But a bath was really pretty needed, so Jasper and I took on this little critter.


The gecko had a really hard time crawling up the tub walls, and they're way to fast to just two-finger grab. When I tried cornering him, he actually did run to the corner and found a hiding spot under our shampoo bottle rack, but I was able to fish him out with the little water squirt toys Jasper has for his bath. Then, after hanging over the tub wall for what seemed like an eternity ... amazingly enough I was also able to get him to crawl onto an envelope and quickly walk to the front door where I gave him a toss and set him free.


The whole time I was working to rid our bathtub of this critter, I was telling Jasper to say "shoo gecko!" ... which he did with flare. :) That was definitely a time I was happy to have a boy.

No comments: