Thursday, September 11, 2008

Baby #2

Isn't he CUTE? He looks just like Jasper!


Two days ago we went in for a sonogram for baby #2. The nurse practitioner wasn't confident his head was down at my exam and needed to be sure before we made it out of 36wks. If in fact his head was not down, they'd have to do an inversion to manually get the baby to move, and they want to do that between 36-37 weeks before the baby is too big and doesn't have enough free room to move.


Drew & I were pretty sure this was all going to be unlikely but looked at this as a neat opportunity to see the little guy in advance. Thankfully this is a light week at work, so Drew was able to meet me for the appointment.


Immediately upon starting the exam they confirmed his head is down. (check!) Then they took measurements - while they had me in the room, and predict him to currently be ~ 8.5lbs. With 4 more weeks to go, the sonogram doctor is thinking we could have a 10-pounder (or more). We'll see if that comes to pass. I'm not afraid of a big baby. Jasper was 1/4 ounce short of 9lbs. My NP also tells me I have "birthing hips," so I don't think getting him out is going to be an issue. Plus, God knows all these details. I'm just leaving it up to Him.


But, we thought you'd like to see him. :) The sonogram tech produced some sweet 4D images of his face. We got one good one without his hand in front of his face.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Yeah!!! SOOOOO cute. Can't wait to meet you little boy. :) Love, Auntie Linds