Tuesday, November 28, 2006

T+2 and ... nothing!

Quick update: my doctor appointment yesterday yielded only that the baby has dropped a little more but that I am not showing any physical signs of dilation or preparation for labor and delivery. The nurse practitioner said it's more than likely I'll be back in the office next Monday for my 41wk visit. My water could break between now and then, but we're not really holding our breath that labor (contractions) will start on its own. We're thinking the little guy may have to be induced out of me mid next week.

I talked to my 4-yr old niece, Linnea, this afternoon. She asked me if the baby had been born yet, and I told her he had not - that he was still inside me "kicking around." She asked me if it hurt when the baby kicked me. I hadn't thought that it might sound bad that he was kicking me. It certainly doesn't hurt, but it can be a good deal of pressure sometimes. He's getting strong.

No comments: