Monday, November 13, 2006


Sorry ... we haven't been posting much lately because things have been rather discombobulated. The nursery went from pseudo organized to completely disheveled in a matter of days. Drew and our friend Yobany hauled the dresser/changing table out to the garage so it could be painted. So ... that means everything that was put away was then strewn on the floor.

The dresser didn't make it back into the nursery until last night. In the mean time, I got started on laundry. There is plenty to wash. I have always had Dreft in my house for when I've made blankets for babies of my friends. However, it was a strangely different feeling to load up the Dreft (the first of many, many loads) to wash things for my son.

Drew installed the car seat bases into both cars and made sure the car seat fit properly into each base. He was singing the praises of the latch system and giving our friend Kathryn and me a visual demonstration of how hard it is to install it into a car without the latch system (aka, the 4Runner). However, his engineering skill prevailed, and we can legally take our son home from the hospital now - whenever her comes.

With the dresser in the nursery, we're back on track with a place to hold all his cute little clothes and a designated area to clean his bottom. We're still working on the overall decorations, and hopefully he'll decide it's too nice in utero to come out early. So far, he's moving in the right direction per my doctor, but we haven't made any major progress so far. We're still holding out to Nov 26th. :)

No comments: