Tuesday, November 14, 2006

"Bringing up the Rear"

So I do not profess to be very organized with respect to this whole baby-prep thing. I'm not going to be writing any books about how to get ready for baby on a more relaxed & organized timeline. I wouldn't know what to write since we seem to be doing everything rather last minute!

Yesterday Drew & I went to a pediatrician "Meet and Greet" mtg. We got recommendations from friends for pediatricians some weeks ago and just got around to checking them out personally. Thankfully, we like this practice. They're smaller and focus on teaching parents as they care for the children. So, finally that decision has been made. While at this mtg, the lactation consultant gave her intro and talked about breast-feeding classes she offers. Lucky me, she added another class this week to handle overflow from earlier this month, and I was able to enroll. That wasn't something I had thought about doing, so I'm chalking this up to God being gracious and letting me get a little extra help to cover what will be hard but very necessary with the baby.

Drew almost has all the painting of furniture done (for the nursery), and will finish that up tonight. We're also both trying to wrap up things at work this week (and maybe into next) so we can head into Thanksgiving and our actual due date with a little more peace. Friday afternoon I'm taking a 1/2 day vacation to enjoy the M3 Thanksgiving lunch with Drew and his coworkers (show off my BIG belly a little) and then check out IKEA in the afternoon. It opens tomorrow, but I am hoping there might be a little lull between the first day craziness and the first weekend madness so I can get in there and check out the deals. (An official line-up started yesterday to be the first in the store. crazy!)

Twelve days to go!

No comments: