Friday, September 18, 2009

Jasper's New Friend

On Sunday August 16th, just the second week back after our trip to Minnesota, we were picking up Jasper from child care at church when the cutest thing happened. Jasper was showing me the microphone he made in class when something caught his eye and he stopped talking to me, stepped away from me and further into the main part of the hall and started saying goodbye to a little girl from his class.

He said, "Goodbye! See ya later! Love you! Goodbye!" The little girl, as she was walking down the hall with her father, was returning the greetings. So then Jasper (compulsive though he is) had to say it all again. And then she said it again! I was dumbfounded. After it was all over, I said to Jasper, "Is that your friend?" He said "yes." So I went a step further: "What is her name?" "Her name is Erin," he said.

It was adorable! Drew tells me these two are buddies. We just didn't know they were such buddies. Back in June after we had been gone from church while traveling for some weeks, Jasper was hesitant to go into his classroom. Erin called out to him, "Come on, Jasper. Let's play!"

Thankfully Erin's family was waiting outside the building, and we got a chance to meet her parents and older brothers before we left church that day. We've already had one playdate with Erin, and I hope to have more.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness, SO cute! I can just picture him saying that to her. I love that they aren't too shy to be buddies. :)