Friday, September 18, 2009

Dodge Truck

Papa bought Jasper a little Dodge truck with a horse trailer when we went to the John Deere store while we were in Michigan in June. Since then, Jasper has developed an affinity for Dodge trucks. He's always been able to identify Passats - either sedans or wagons like mine, Toyota 4Runners like daddy's and Honda Odysseys like Papa's. Now he can identify any and all Dodge trucks.


Case in point: We were driving to church one morning and I was applying my makeup as usual, so I didn't have a close look at the vehicles around us. Jasper called out from his back seat "a Dodge truck, daddy! a Dodge truck, mommy!" I looked out the window to see a Ford truck in front of us and said, "No, honey. It's not a Dodge." Drew said, "uh, no - behind us." I looked in my side mirror to see, yes - a Dodge pickup. Jasper was right! I used to think he could pick them out by their grill design, but he can pick them out from behind. So then I thought he could pick them out from the Ram design. But there are some Dodge pickups that don't have the Ram design - and he can still pick them out. I do not know how he can pick them out, but he can.


There is something about trucks that he just gets locked into his brain. It's amazing. :)


As a side note, Grandpa and Grandma Gant gave Jasper a John Deere tractor and a pick-up dump truck that can both accommodate the horse trailer from Papa. Jasper was the one who figured out he could put the trailer on any of these vehicles and thought it was sooooo cool!

No comments: