Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Diaper Fortress

Fall over laughing. ... I think this term is overused. I'm sure I've been guilty of such a fault. However, there are times when Jasper does something that is so funny we do almost: fall over laughing.

Jasper is still resisting going to bed at night. Regardless of how wide awake or totally tired he is, how early or late it is in the evening or how long or short he's napped in the afternoon, he still resists going to sleep. He'll get out of bed, read books, empty the bottom drawer of the bookcase, and sometimes rearrange the room. (Side note: he does not resist napping in the afternoon. He'll be virtually wrestling with me during singing/prayer time, but once I leave the room he rolls over and nearly immediately falls asleep. crazy!)

One evening early this month, Drew went to check on Jasper after he had finally fallen asleep and stepped back from his door clutching his mouth and his side. He suggested that I too have a look inside the nursery. When I got to the doorway, I bent forward clutching the gate because I was laughing so hard. Major tears started to obstruct my view because I was laughing so hard.

We don't have a clue what he was trying to do, but look at how methodical he was? Those diapers are neatly lined up like some fortress wall.



1 comment:

Allison said...

TOO FUNNY! You sound like things are going well. I'll call soon.