Friday, October 05, 2007

10 Months Old!

Here Jasper is sporting his new shirt from Grandma and Papa Jasper, brought back from Sweden. Drew dressed him this morning and brought him to me saying (speaking for Jasper), "Mommy, I want to be called Lars today." :)

This week Jasper got another cold. I'm nearly losing my mind with recurring sickness at this point. I think we're going to boycott the church nursery for a few weeks and see if we can have a normal life for a while. Normal as in: no flaming red eye, no snot-machine nose, no yucky cough, no crazy sleep pattern, no excess irritability. Where did my sweet child go? He was nabbed by the sickness boogie monster, and I want him back!

On the first day he was sick, Jasper started out his happy self. Here he's playing with his cement truck which I've dubbed "Googley Eyes." She rolls her eyes up and down as the wheels spin. Jasper loves to get down on the floor right next to her and watch her eyes. It's adorable!!!


Jasper also still loves to climb up the doggy stairs and play on the ottoman. His favorite thing to do is try to go over the edge head first. I'm working on training him to go down feet first.



These days, Jasper has started crawling and climbing up the stairs with a toy in hand. He clutches it pretty tightly and can maneuver around various obstacles still clutching the toy. He's also started climbing up the stairs on his feet, not on his knees. He's improving at maintaining balance.

You can see I need to get Drew on board with the whole feet first thing.


Each night after work, Drew plays with Jasper. He climbs all over his daddy, grunting the whole time.

Jasper is captain of our neighborhood watch committee. He vigilantly watches outside our front window and likes being entertained with the passing cars.



I bought this train at a second-hand store and got it out for Jasper to try out this week. He likes pushing it, as he does all his trucks. He crawls next to the toy, pushing it along the floor. As for the train, I don't think he's really figured out it can be taken apart. He's not quite taken an engineering approach to it, but given time I'm sure he will.

1 comment:

Rocky and Sunee said...

I'm feeling the same way right now about church nursery. I feel like Adelaide hasn't been quite herself in a couple months. Poor guy. I hope he feels better very soon. Wow, it's crazy he's already 10 months old.

A friend of ours has that same train and Adelaide loves it. Well she loves the pieces of it. She basically destroyed the poor train as soon as she touched it then banged the red pieces together over and over and over.