Wednesday, May 02, 2007

5 months old!

(update)
I'm actually not a fan of the photo we posted for 5 months. I don't know what it is, but he looks abnormally long and something else I can't quite put my finger on (definitely not as cute). So I took another picture the following day. Here it is ... slightly better.

Yesterday Jasper was 5 months old (just over 21 weeks). I don't think he's putting on the poundage like he was before, but I do think he's lengthening out. The photo from last month doesn't look very different in comparison to yesterday. However, he certainly is getting more active. Getting him to sit in that spot was harder yesterday than it has been in the past. Whenever he has the chance, he wants to lunge for his toes.


Jasper, 5 months old.



Jasper, 4 months old.





Reaching for his toes, of course.



Clapping in excitement. ... there's a camera!




Mr. Bubble Machine


After the photo extravaganza, we propped him up against the ottoman to see if he could stand on his own. His legs are quite strong, and when he stands on our laps he certainly doesn't need us to hold him up any. I thought he'd be able to do it. After some initial missteps and definite listing to the right, he got the knack of it and stood for a little while, even taking a few steps while holding onto the ottoman. It was a trip!





listing



look ma, one hand!



1 comment:

cheryl said...

What a big boy Jasper! You're growing and learning so fast.