Monday, April 04, 2011

Thomas Has Left the Building

Not the train table or the trains or even some of the books, but definitely the animated shows on PBS. 

I got tired of having to stop the show and have a talk with the boys about what was wrong with what the trains were doing.  We have enough trouble with obedience when they’d rather do what they want to do (that’s normal – they’re toddlers).  But I was tired of having it reinforced by Thomas and friends.  So, I ran it by Drew who was in favor, and we just said no more.  Jasper wasn’t too happy with that move and still asks for Thomas sometimes.  But, this has given us the opportunity to go back to some of our old favorites: Clifford (Emily Elizabeth always does the right thing!) and the Backyardigans.  We especially like the psychadelic funk episode “Save the Day.”  Jasper’s informed us it’s his favorite too since it has a helicopter.  He also has taken a keen interest in “News Flash” because Pablo and Tyrone sing a song called “I Love Corn.”  (no lie)

Tonight they wanted to share “I Love Corn” with dad, and they had a fun dance party after dinner. 

DSC_3073

I think we’re doing just fine without Thomas.  :)

No comments: