Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentine's Day

Here is Jasper's Valentine's day gift from Auntie Lindsay and Uncle Chris: the I love Mommy onesie. He's pretty cute! He was doing a great job playing with his monkey and giraffe yesterday. When he was looking at the toy, he could grab for it and hold on to it quite deliberately. I was proud of him.



Starting last Friday, Jasper's been sleeping 8 hours (+/-) each night with a long morning and usually at least one long afternoon nap. It's been a total treat, and we're trying not to get too attached to it since it'll probably disappear again and he'll be back to middle of the night feedings.

Yesterday (Valentine's day) he got on a completely different schedule. After his morning nap, he didn't sleep more than 30 or 40 minutes at a time, and he was eating every 2 hours. This is completely abnormal for him. Not even when he was new born did he eat that frequently. Thank goodness, b/c by the end of the day I was exhausted! I don't know how some moms are able to feed that frequently. Drew's standard comment "he's growing!" is probably applicable here - in that he's probably trying to boost my milk supply for his next growth spurt. Or maybe he was just a little off kilter yesterday. Who knows! Today he is back to his more normal schedule of longer naps. It's always a guessing game as to what the day will hold .... I just hang out and wait to see what happens. Since he doesn't like going out on errands, I don't want to force it if I can't predict when he'll be hungry again. Maybe we'll head out again tomorrow.

No comments: