Saturday, February 03, 2007

Out and About

Yesterday, fresh off his first round of vaccinations, we took Jasper to M3 to meet Drew's coworkers. They've been wondering when he'd make an appearance, and they gave him a warm welcome. Debbie, the office manager and receptionist, was the first person we met, and she just about ate him up. She loves kids and is the resident baby caretaker when there are business functions to which family members are invited. It's good if the little kids can be comfortable with her, since they'll be spending guaranteed time with her. :) Jasper got to meet Terry & Joan, Rob, Casey, Melissa, Paul and Jen Kramer, Paul Parks, Ron, Russel, Walt, Kim, Steve, David and of course Mike Hankins. He had a good time and even stayed awake through it all. Considering he was still recovering from his shots, he did really well! Here he is sitting at daddy's desk.

This morning, Drew took Jasper and headed to the kitchen to make breakfast so I could get a little more sleep. Just when it was time for me to pull myself out of bed, Drew got a text message to meet some guys at Rudy's and I encouraged him to go. I ate the super waffles he had made, and Jasper slept in his bouncy seat. I don't know how he's comfortable in this position, but somehow he was ... for about 10-15min.

We love to read Big Red Barn. It isn't always a sure bet to calm him down, but I think the lyrical text is really appealing to him. It's one of my favorites to read. Perhaps my mother's love of farms imprinted itself on my DNA too. :)

No comments: