Friday, December 08, 2006

Mom's Report

I haven't posted to this blog since we left for the hospital last week. I can't believe where the days have gone! My days are filled with feeding Jasper, changing his diapers, eating and maybe (maybe) taking a shower. After two doctor appts at the beginning of this week, for the last two days my exposure to the outside world has been reduced to walking to the end of the driveway to pick up the mail. Our feeding schedule is nothing even remotely resembling a schedule. We start whenever Drew & I are good enough to respond to our alarm clocks in the morning and then space out feedings based on that throughout the day. Jasper gets very irritable after his middle of the night feeding, so we struggle to make it through that quickly and usually burn up precious sleep time (sometimes up to 3 hours) with feeding, diaper changing and consoling him. This afternoon we also gave him a sponge bath.


However ... we still think he's really cute and both can't believe he's our son. I am overwhelmed by how precious and peaceful he is. My favorite time is just after I've finished feeding him and he lies on my lap in total peace and contentment. There is no site such as lovely, in my opinion.

No comments: