Monday, May 16, 2011

Ka-boom!

(I’m trying to catch up on blog postings, yet I cannot stay sequential and not share the following.)

Jasper did not nap on Friday, and Benjamin was a zombie at the dinner table.  Yet, by the time they went to bed at 8pm, they were in no way ready to actually go to sleep.  Drew and I both intervened to get them to settle down, but nothing was making any impact.  Around 8:45, just as Drew was about to head out to Home Depot, Jasper appeared at the entrance to the kitchen saying “Benjamin crawled out of his crib and fell.”  I didn’t hear him properly and stepped closer, saying “what?” only to see not only Jasper but Benjamin standing in the hallway.  Both wore a smile that rivaled any cat who had just swallowed a canary.  My eyes got huge, Jasper’s grin enlarged, and Benjamin beamed with pride.  In disbelief I turned to Drew and mouthed “oh my goodness!”  I then picked up the acrobat and – still in shock – walked back into their bedroom, directing Jasper back that way.  As I was holding Benjamin, singing another bedtime song, he turned to me and said, “Mom, I went ka-boom!” 

Oh my.

2 comments:

denisemayen said...

Oh, wow! His description of the event is priceless. Do you think Jasper coached him through the climbing part? :)

cheryl said...

LOL! I'm glad he was okay. Those boys are about to discover a whole new exciting world of sharing a room. ;o) I'm just dreading the day when that happens at our house. As much as T. climbs I'm surprised (yet VERY thankful) that we haven't experienced any "Ka-booms!" At least not from the crib anyway. ;o)