Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dining Room Fort

Summer in Texas is hot, and I’ve been copping out and staying inside more than in past years. 

In light of that, I’m trying to come up with ways to entertain the boys – or let them entertain themselves – with a little more creativity.  So, we’ve been doing art more and I made a “fort” out of the dining room table.  I bought two queen size sheets and was going to sew them together to totally cover the table.  Turns out, Jasper didn’t want the ends closed – so one sheet will do just perfectly. 

In addition to that, I had to line up the chairs along the sides of the room, and Jasper thinks they make perfect trains on the left side and the right side.  We ride them all the time to Costco, HEB and Target.  (Can you tell where we go the most frequently?)  It took one day to figure out how high they could rise up and how they had to be careful about hitting their heads.  Now, they like to be in there a good amount of time.  They like it when daddy comes in to play when he gets home from work, too. :)

 DSC_8121 DSC_8122 DSC_8123 DSC_8125

DSC_8130

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

So cool! I love it! And I love that last picture of all the boys. :) Super cute... Benj looks like such a big boy with his brother and daddy. :)