Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Righteous?

At dinner tonight I asked Jasper to pray.  He was all over that and prayed for the fire trucks, ambulances, firemen and “workers at the hospital.”  He prayed that the fire trucks would be safe and make it to the fire and be able to get out their ladders.  It was cute, and I don’t even remember all of it. 

He skipped the food. 

During dinner, Jasper also asked me what “righteous” means.  This came out of the blue, so I was a little unprepared.  I mean, how do you explain righteous to a 3-year-old?  I said righteous means to be good.  He interjected and said “the righteous runs to the strong tower and is safe” (Proverbs 18:10).  So I said yes, “righteous are those who love God and try to do good and obey God.”  Jasper then looked at me and said,

“Dad is righteous.  MY daddy is righteous.” 

How precious! 

2 comments:

The Hvass Family said...

LOVE IT!

Kathryn said...

When Jasper & I were reading in his little Bible story book about Joshua & the how the walls came tumbling down, I said "do you know who is SO powerful?" and he said, "MEGA DUMP TRUCKS ARE SO POWERFUL!!!!". and I said, "Yes...true, but who's even more powerful than mega dump trucks?" and he shouted, "JESUS!!!". It was pretty funny.