Monday, March 01, 2010

Impatient or Inquisitive?

Benjamin is a toddler, and that means a) he’s getting into everything and b) we cannot yet reason with him. 

With Jasper at this age I was really wishing he was able to understand logic.  Seeing as how Jasper eventually grasped the concept, I am not pulling out my hair with Benjamin’s lack of interest in the topic.  And, the fact that Benjamin has only now started to push boundaries of obedience (each time with an all-too-cute look on his face), I am also not pulling my hair out from frustration and exhaustion. 

One day while I was trying to clean, Benjamin either got too inquisitive as to what was in the linen closet or too impatient that I was on the phone with Auntie Lindsay.  I tried to distract him with other things, but in the end I also determined that the items of interest were not choking hazards – and let him just have at it.  He decided to empty the open drawer onto the floor – shaking each box with flare and great interest.  Won’t he love these photos when he’s older?! 

DSC_5855 DSC_5856

1 comment:

denisemayen said...

that's fabulous!