Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fun Stuff

It surprises me sometimes when I stop and think about how much Jasper has changed. I see him all day all the time, so I forget what things used to be like. Here's a snapshot:

  • Jasper no longer walks with his arms in the air. His balance is good enough that he can walk normally (arms down) and even stop to pick up toys.

  • He also can stand up from a seated position without support. I'm not sure how he figured it out. Just one day he started.

  • "I'm gonna get you" does not instill the fear that it should. Instead, it's my new magic tool to get Jasper to come back to me. Drew's tried to explain to Jasper that you're supposed to run when someone says that to you, but instead he turns and walks toward us ... laughing the whole time. It's great!

  • He's responding more to things we instruct him to do - like drinking milk from his cup.

  • He waves at almost everyone these days, as long as he's warmed up to them. Although he's still shy at meeting new people, and last night cried when Amar and Kim came to visit.

  • He loves to greet daddy when he comes home from work. Usually it is with a h-u-g-e smile.


  • He can walk on uneven surfaces without falling down. This is a good thing, because he headed off from me at the park yesterday and walked down a slight incline, headed directly toward some big, ragged rocks. Thankfully Drew had been working with him over the weekend, so he handled it without missing a beat.

  • He lifts his arms up when we say "up" and even responds (most of the time) to "so big."

  • He's been getting into cycling. Drew's borrowed some cycling accessories from co-workers to try out - a trailer and an iBert. To get ready to ride, we bought Jasper a helmet. It's pretty cute!



No comments: