Monday, April 16, 2007

Meeting Floyd!

I'm going to hijack Jasper's blog to tell all of you that I met Floyd Landis tonight! Floyd won the 2006 Tour de France, and he was in Austin sharing information about his case with those in attendance. Going into the event I was pretty much convinced that the evidence shows Floyd's innocence. While I didn't learn much of anything new about the case, I did learn a little insight into Stage 17 of the '06 Tour. It seems that a couple of his Spanish teammates let the cat out of the bag before the start that he was going to attack on the first climb. I asked Floyd to share with me what events lead up to the stage, and it was great to hear the story from the man who created it. It was an honor to meet him.


Unfortunately, I felt like the event was not as well attended as I would have hoped for from a strong cycling town like Austin, Texas. I purchased a poster while I was there, and my brother took a couple of pictures. If Floyd gets a fair hearing, I think he has some strong arguments, and I only know the evidence they are willing to share at this point. We will have to wait until May 14th to hear USADA's case, but the "B" sample testing looks like they are getting pretty desperate. For any update on the case, go to Trust But Verify .

No comments: